The Georgetown University MSF program was kind enough to send along a report showcasing their Masters in Finance Class of 2023 student profile. The university does an amazing job with recruiting and putting together a diverse class every year and this one continues this trend. Georgetown has one of the best MSF programs in the country and it continues to be a program that all of you have shown incredible interest in. There is also an upcoming virtual open house that I will provide information for at the end.
Over of the Georgetown University MSF Class of 2023 Profile
- Class Size – 174 students total
- 83 full-time
- GMAT Average: 683
- GMAT 20-80% Range: 650-720
- GPA Average: 3.3
- GPA 20-80% Range: 3.0-3.6
- Average Work Experience – 5 years
- 23% Women
- 26% Underrepresented Minorities
- 44% US Diversity
Georgetown University Article on the Class of 2023
Georgetown posted an article on their news story site about this years class. Below are some of the key take aways that I found interesting. The full class profile is also included in this link if you want to see the report for yourself.
“The Master of Science in Finance (MSF) program at Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business welcomed its largest entering class in program history, with 174 students, 83 of whom are full-time, an increase of 69% from last year.”
“The program has grown from its initial class of 39 students in 2014 to 324 students —across both classes in this two-year program—at the beginning of the 2021-2022 academic year. “
“The Class of 2023 brings together a dynamic group of students eager to learn and develop technical skills, as well as methods for in-depth application of finance principles to their professional and personal lives,” said Luke Weichbrod, senior director of operations, MSF program.”
Overall, I am thoroughly impressed with the profile and growth of the program. I remember when it launched and to see the class size at 83 full time students with another 91 part time students shows the interest a quality MSF can generate. All this while keeping a strong GMAT and GPA class range as well. What is even better is knowing that the future career report will be amazing. I am definitely looking forward to reporting on that one.
MSF Information Session
The Georgetown University MSF program is hosting an upcoming virtual information session. I always love these an encourage anyone interested in the program to attend. This is your chance to ask questions and hear directly from admissions and the program about what to expect and what they are looking for. It is also a great way to show interest in the program. Information is below.
- Description – Your host for this blended information session will be members of the MSF Staff including Senior Associate Dean and Professor Allan Eberhart. You learn about all aspects of the Georgetown MSF program, including the industry, job market, revolutionary technology platform, and blended modality. The session will conclude with a recent alumni Q/A discussion.Special Note: We will be hosting this information session from our Blended Classroom in the Hariri Building on the Georgetown campus in Washington, DC. You have the option to attend online or in-person. If you are interested in attending in-person, then please let us know by indicating your interest in the registration process. For those interested in joining us on campus, we will follow up with you in the days approaching the event with additional details. Please note attendance in the Blended Classroom in on a first come, first serve basis and there is room for 14 prospective students.
- When – Oct 25, 2021 07:00 PM ET
- Where – LINK HERE
Love all the content from the Georgetown MSF program. Keep checking back for more information on this great specialized masters option. I’ll try and get another student review as well.
Here is a link to the Georgetown University MSF program