It has been far too long since I wrote an update post on the Notre Dame Masters in Finance program. Being downtown, on Michigan Ave is extremely convenient for working professionals in Chicago and the Notre Dame network if huge in the city. All of this makes this a great option for locals in Chicago as well as those in the surrounding areas. The program continues to mature and grow and I think it should be of interest to anyone who wants a specialized masters in one of the best cities in the United States, right in downtown Chicago.
The program lists a number of companies that MSF graduates work at which is very helpful for anyone considering the program and thinking about a career change. The nature of this program being focused on working professionals means many students are looking to enhance their career vs. change careers, but the alumni in the program span numerous top firms, both local to Chicago and national. Definitely a benefit to anyone who would want to change jobs in the future.
|AB InBev||Citi||McKinsey & Company|
|Bain & Company||Goldman Sachs||Riyad Bank|
|Blackrock||Government of Singapore||Sequoia Investment|
|CBRE||KPMG||Willis Towers Watson|
Anyone interested in this program has the summer to prepare their admissions package. Applicants that apply by the priority deadline will have priority consideration for fellowship awards.
- Priority deadline: November 1, 2019
- Final deadline: March 1, 2020
Furthermore, applicant eligibility is determined by the following:
- Prefer active employment or actively seeking employment
- Prefer two years minimum work experience
- For applicants who are employed, demonstrated employer support is necessary
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university
- U.S. citizenship, permanent resident (green card) status, or other visas that allow for full-time employment in the United States
- For applicants with less than one year of professional experience: strong academic record; relevant professional internships; and, we encourage GMAT/GRE
The Notre Dame Masters in Finance program has a number of events coming up for interested students to attend. These are a great way to meet admissions and get a good feel for the program and if this is somewhere you’d like to study.
- June 6th – MSF/MSBA Coffee Chat
- June 7th – MSF Preview Day
- June 18th – MSF Online Information Session
All of these events and upcoming ones can be found here.
More to follow on this great program. I am going to reach out to the school and see if I can get a student review or something similar. This is a wonderful program for anyone in Chicago and the Notre Dame brand is hard to beat.
Here is a link to the Notre Dame Masters in Finance program