I wanted to start the new year off with a bang and update everyone on the Notre Dame Masters in Management program. It has been about a year since I last checked in with this program and since the university has decided to end the MSF what better time to refresh the information on this wonderful specialized masters program.
2021 Career Report
Notre Dame always does an incredible job with placements and preparing their students for a full filing person and professional life. This program continues to have outstanding success.
- 94% of the MSM Class of 2021 accepted job offers within six months of graduation. The median salary for these students is $65,000.
Geographically, the program had graduates throughout the country. The Midwest saw the largest concentration of jobs with 39.3% of students finding jobs in this part of the country. The Northeast and Mid-Atlantic represented 23% of the class (16.4% and 6.6%, respectively). The South was 14.8% of students placements with the Southwest and West representing the remainder. It looks like one student found a job in Central America as well. Pretty impressive for a program in South Bend, Indiana.
Industry wise, the Notre Dame Masters in Management program had graduates in a number of career paths. Consulting (21.3%), Financial Services (13.1%), Technology (11.5%), Consumer Packaged Goods (11.5%), Healthcare (9.8%), and Media/Entertainment (8.2%) were all represented in the class of 2021. Graduates went into a number of additional industries, driving home how this degree can be a springboard for any number of professions.
Below is a list of some of the firms that hired students from the class of 2021.
|Aldi||Huron Consulting Group|
|Bliss Point Media||Morningstar|
|E&J Gallo Winery||Stryker|
You can download the full report here. There is some salary information related to job function that might interest you. Either way, wanted to include the report for posterities sake.
I want to include two things from the schools website as I think they are important for anyone considering the degree:
- “The MSM program is designed for individuals who have earned bachelor’s degrees in non-business disciplines. We cannot accept applications from students who majored in finance, accounting, marketing, management, business or dual-degree business programs. Economics majors and business minors (18 credit hours of business courses or fewer) are welcome to apply.”
- “Applicants who received a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.3 or higher, or those who will have their degree conferred from the University of Notre Dame, will have the GRE/GMAT waived. Students are still welcome to take the exam, but a lack of score will not have a negative impact on their admissibility.”
Please keep the above in mind if you are actively considering this degree.
Below are the upcoming application rounds, virtual interview dates and when a decision should be made. Round 2 is coming up quickly and per the schools website “International candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by January 10, 2023, to allow time for visa paperwork and processing.” Still time plenty of time to get your application in for the upcoming school year.
|2||Jan. 10, 2023||Jan. 31-Feb. 1, 2023
Feb. 14-15, 2023
|Mar. 17, 2023|
|3||Mar. 14, 2023||Mar. 28-29, 2023
Apr. 4-5, 2023
|Apr. 28, 2023|
|4||May 2, 2023||May 16-17, 2023||Jun. 2, 2023|
Tuition for the 2022-2023 M.S. in Management program is $48,000.
The university has a number of information sessions coming up that I thought I should bring to your attention. If you can attend any of these, I highly suggest you do so. They are a great way to indicate interest in a program to those in admissions and you can learn a lot as well.
- MSM Spotlight – Meet the MSM Association
- January 26th | 4-5PM ET | Online – Register
- MSM Spotlight – Career Development
- February 17th | 3-4PM ET | Online – Register
- MSM Application Q&A
- February 23rd | 10-11AM ET | Online – Register
That is all for now. Very impressed with the placements and shocked I haven’t posted about the sooner. Will keep my eye posted for anything new with the university and make sure to update this program with regularity.
Here is a link to the Notre Dame Masters in Management Program