The Vanderbilt University MSF program has some of the best placements in the nation, year in and year out. These placements are driven by what I consider the perfect combination of great academics, an admissions office that finds the best students and a career office that works extremely hard to both prepare students for the challenge of landing a great position and promoting the quality of Vanderbilt students (undergrad, masters and MBA). Because of all this, Vanderbilt University continually posts some of the best placements amongst Masters in Finance programs. This year proves to be no different.
You can find the placement report, in its entirety, with the link below. I will include some highlights in this post as well as a download link for the report for posterity. Needless to say, they are great as always. Bravo to the whole team as they continue to provide students with a first class experience.
2017 Vanderbilt University MSF Employment Report
Highlights from this years report:
- 2nd time in 3 years that the Vanderbilt MSF program has reported 100% placements within 90-days after graduation. This brings their 5 year average to 97%.
- 85% student satisfaction score (with no low scores)
- 97% of the class’s accepted offers were inside the U.S.
- 27% of 2017 class received employment through alumni referrals
The above stats are truly reflective of how committed the career office is to finding employment for the students in the program. I find the international statistic to be very impressive as international students have a much harder time finding a job in the states. The referrals are amazing as well, showing that Vanderbilt alumni will go to bat for Masters in Finance students, something that many MSF students ask about with trepidation.
Here is some further information:
Class of 2017 Profile
- Class Size – 49
- Avg. UG GPA – 3.6
- Avg. GMAT Score – 706
- % International – 20%
- Investment Banking – 27%
- Investment Research – 16%
- Consulting – 16%
- Corporate Development – 8%
- Average Salary – $71, 203
- % with offers at graduation – 89%
- Top Hiring Companies – Goldman Sachs, Raymond James, Alvarez & Marsal
The full report includes much more detail, which you can find here. The report includes some great detail and when it comes to deciding where to go, career services transparency counts for a lot. I hope this information is helpful and I will look forward to posting about the continued success of this great program.
Here is a link to the Vanderbilt University Masters in Finance Program