The Pacific Lutheran University Master in Finance program is a new entrant to the MSF space and is filling out the inaugural class. Applications have been pouring in and there is still time for those thinking of applying.
When I first posted on the PLU MSF program they were just getting their website up and running. Since then there have been some great additions.
First is the Executive Leadership Series. The School of Business has some great speakers coming on campus and talking to students. Sponsored by State Farm Insurance, it is a great corporate tie in and should provide a students with some amazing networking opportunities.
Here is a link to additional program information. Those who are CFA candidates or have graduated from PLU with a 3.5 GPA or better can have fast track admissions status.
Here is a list of industry connections:
- Money Management: Russell Investments, Parametric Portfolio Associates, Milliman, Rainer Investment Management, Freestone Capital Management, Blackrock
- Local Public Corporations: Microsoft, Amazon, Costco, Nordstrom, Paccar, Alaska Airlines, Starbucks
- Risk Management/Insurance: State Farm, Symetra, Liberty Mutual, Premera
- Public/Regulatory Organizations: Federal Home Loan Bank, FDIC Seattle, WA State Dept of Retirement Systems
- Investment/Commercial Banking: J.P. Morgan Chase, D.A. Davidson, Cascadia Capital, Pacific Crest Securities, Bank of NY Mellon, KeyBank
PLU also offers scholarships for MSF students. They have two scholarships available, $2,500 and $500 per semester. More info on it here.
Here is a link to the Pacific Lutheran University Master in Finance program